You’ve agreed to be the MC at a special event – what now?
The role of MC is one of the most important at the event. It’s up to you to make sure that the event runs smoothly, runs on time and that everyone knows what they should be doing (and not doing) – all done with a smile, a great sense of hum our and a few stories to tell along the way.
You can have a lot of fun with the role and we can help that happen. We will guide you on how to manage the role, create great ‘filler’ stories between speeches and have fun doing it as well.
Every event is different and we will help you create the running sheet for the occasion and work with you on your presentation style so that it feels and looks natural the whole way through.
We offer individual face-to-face training, individual Skype training or small group training – no more than 6 people per group.
Individual and group training packages generally run across two x 2 hour sessions which are held at least a week apart. That way you can develop your speech, learn speech delivery techniques and practice. You then have a week to tweak your speech. After a week you come back for the second session to practice and refine the speech – including coaching to improve your speech delivery.
Skype training packages run across 3 x 1 hour sessions held at least 3 days apart.
- MC running sheet development – including structure, timing, story-telling style for fillers, recognising and developing your own natural speaking style;
- Review of speech by trained Special Occasion Speeches staff;
- Hints and tips on how to write a speech that really connects with the audience;
- Techniques on delivering the speech – including microphone techniques, how to connect with the audience, how to use the space, voice modulation, how to beat those nerves, body language, thinking on your feet;
- Multiple opportunities to practice your filler spots and speech introductions;
- Recording of your practice sessions so that you can see what the audience sees.
All of our training is tailored to your needs and our packages can be modified to suit your time and training requirements. As such, the pricing will depend on the final training package you choose.
As a guide, listed below are prices for training. Check out the packages tab for more information:
Group Training: $299 per person
Skype Training: $399 per person
Individual Training: $1290 per person
Enquire about our Platinum Package
We also offer group discounts if more than 2 people in the bridal party want help with their speech writing and preparation.
Contact us today to discuss the style of training that is right for you. Click here to send us an email or call on 03 9939 7599.